About MASTET Mobility Programme
BackgroundMASTET brings together Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) with well-established engineering postgraduate programmes for mutual support, synergy and re-enforcement of capacities to contribute to bridging the existing gaps in engineering skills and the technological development in Africa.
This 1.4 million EUR project is funded by the European Union for a five year period
The project provides Master and PhD scholarships to students in 4 thematic areas:
- Renewable Energy/Electrical Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
Mission and Vision
MASTET Mission is to be a Leading HEI Partnership for Transformative Engineering Training in Africa and beyond
MASTET is therefore envisioned as a HEI Partnership to address the broad social-economic development agenda in Africa through carefully targeted engineering actions and training in affordable renewable energy and energy efficiency, water, environment and agricultural engineering.
The main objective of MASTET is to foster collaborative and harmonized higher education engineering training (HEET) that delivers quality graduates to research and develop technologies in the overlapping engineering areas of renewable energy, water, the environment and agricultural engineering, that are appropriate to addressing Africa’s challenges of poverty, access to energy, food security, climate resilience, jobs and inclusive economic growth.
Specific ObjectivesThe specific objectives of MASTET are to:
- Enhance the skills and knowledge of Engineering students by leveraging on shared expertise and infrastructure of the partner HEIs
- Strengthen the capacity of academic staff in teaching and applied research through staff exchange and joint activities aimed at sharing standards and quality assurance mechanisms
- Strengthen the technical capacity of administrative staff in international mobility management, especially in the organisation and implementation of the mobility
- Enhance the visibility of partner HEIs through international accreditation, contribution to engineering knowledge, and dissemination activities of the mobility
- Build capacity in the engineering fields of renewable energy, water, environment and agricultural engineering and contribute to the availability of highly skilled Engineers for the labour market and the implementation of the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa 2024 (STISA-2024).
- University of Buea, Cameroon - www.ubuea.cm
- Makerere University, Uganda - www.mak.ac.ug
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa - www.sun.ac.za
- University of Abomey Calavi, Benin - www.uac.bj
- Cairo University, Egypt - www.cu.edu.eg
- Botswana University of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Botswana - www.buan.ac.bw